ANNUAL CALL TO ACTION
2018 SAVE THE DATE: Thursday, Nov 15 (8-10am)
2017 Call to Action VIDEO
Video Table of Contents
- 0:00 – 12:00: Brenda Tracy — Part 1
- 12:00 – 16:30: Lyn Beyer (Reach) & Amy Flanders (Sexual Assault Crisis Center)
- 16:30 – 21:30: Steve Savides, “Man Up” (skit): Video here
- 21:30 – 25:15: Guante, “10 Responses to the Phrase Man Up” (spoken word): Video here
- 28:00 – 42:15: Guante, Man Box vs Healthy Manhood (exercise/table convos)
- 42:15 – 46:00: Guante, “Handshake” (spoken word): Video here
- 47:00 – 52:00: “Local Actions – Part 1” (video)
- 53:30 – 57:00: Guante, “Action” (spoken word): Video here
- 59:00 – 103:00: “Local Actions — Part 2” (video)
- 103:00 – 111:00: Brenda Tracy — Part 2
- 111:00 – 117:00: Dean Gruner & Kevin Mason (thanking sponsors)
- 117:00 – 120:45: Beth Schnorr (Harbor House) & Beth Oswald (Christine Ann Domestic Abuse Services)
- 120:45 – 127:10: Mauranda Owens, Bernard Lilly & Neil Krzeski — “I’ll Rise” (song): Video here
9th annual Call to Action
Tuesday, November 15, 2018
Featured Speakers: Guante
- EVENT “FACT SHEET”: coming soon
- REFRESHMENTS: coffee, juice, breads, and Danish will be served.
- COST: event is $20 (free for students and their chaperones)
- ACCESSIBILITY: if you have any accessibility needs (including dietary needs), please contact Shannon firstname.lastname@example.org
- AGES/GENDERS & CONTENT WARNING: The 2018 Call to Action will involve conversation around difficult topics such as sexual assault and rape, domestic violence, etc. Though any age is welcome with a parent, material is targeted for high school and above. All Voices of Men events are open to people of all genders. It’s important we do this work in partnership with women as well as people who are gender non-conforming. That said, in general our target audience is teen/adult boys & men. Our typical event will be about 75-85% men and boys.
FREE LIVE-STREAMING: INFO & RESOURCES
- LIVE-STREAM WILL BE WATCHABLE FROM THIS PAGE, WHEN IT IS AVAILABLE. YOU CAN WATCH IT TRULY “LIVE”, OR AT ANY TIME AFTER THE EVENT (scroll back to the start of the event, if needed).
- Test video & sound prior to the annual Call to Action – if you are able to play any of the videos below, you should be OK. Press play, then click the box in the bottom right corner to make it “full screen”. Download this spec sheet for more IT info re: live-streaming. Live Stream Best Practices 2017 . Though we don’t expect issues, we encourage live-stream host sites to have someone who is knowledgeable about IT issues available at your site.
- Advertise the event. Downloadable poster (coming soon) with blank spot on poster to list time & location of the viewing. Also, share the highlight video from previous Call to Action events (available on our home page).
- Seek parent permission if at a school. 2017 template parent permission form here (2018’s version coming soon): Permission Slip Template Voices of Men
- Consider food & drink for your event.
- Ensure enough seating, large enough room for everyone, and that video & sound can be seen/heard by everyone. There is a 10-minute conversation period during the Breakfast — set-up your room to facilitate small-group conversations (6-10 people).
- Handouts will be given at the in-person Breakfast. PLEASE PRINT THESE FOR YOUR ATTENDEES: (handouts available in October)
- Consider scheduling an extra 30-60 minutes of gathering time immediately following the annual Call to Action event to discuss what was learned, and what can be done locally. Possible post-event conversation questions include: What did you learn, what impacted you? What helpful actions can you take yourself? What is good about our local school/business/community culture, and what could be better? What can we as a group do to make improvements in our school/business culture.
- Viewing Time: approximately 85 minutes.
- Gender make-up of attendees: our annual Call to Action is open to people of all genders. We target men and high school-aged boys, but welcome people of all genders. Our typical audience is approximately 75-85% male.
PREVIOUS ANNUAL CALL TO ACTION EVENTS
2016 Call to Action — HIGHLIGHT VIDEO (4 minutes)
2016 CALL TO ACTION — FULL VIDEO (83 minutes)
2016 CALL TO ACTION VIDEO BELOW: If you host a group-viewing of our 2016 Call to Action (school, business, etc.), please email Shannon Kenevan email@example.com your location and the number attending. Click on the video below, then click the box in the bottom right corner — “full screen”. Running time 83 minutes.
SOME 2016 CALL TO ACTION EVENT HIGHLIGHTS:
SHORT HIGHLIGHT VIDEO – 2015 CALL TO ACTION